* The page that you are on right now (www.halfofgabby.blogspot.com) is no longer posting new articles and information. Half of Gabby has moved to www.halfofgabby.com and will continue to post new material regularly! In addition, all older articles have been updated on the new site!
The first thing that you need to know is... spaghetti squash are assholes. They're yummy as hell, but they make you put in some mad work before you can nosh. Let me tell you there's been a couple close calls with my fingers and hands while trying to cut a spaghetti squash in half, not to mention almost dislocating my shoulder and cutting my neck (don't ask). But on the fun side, I have created several brand new curse words.
I'm not gonna lie, these little hellions still give me some trouble here and there, but I have found a way to make it much easier (and less swear-y) to cut them.
In case you needed a new way to battle these warrior veggies, here's my trick to cutting and cooking my spaghetti squash.
ROASTING SPAGHETTI SQUASH INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Scoop out and discard seeds.
4. Rub a little bit of olive oil over the squash and sprinkle them with salt and pepper (if desired).
5. Place the squash cut-down on a baking sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes or until the flesh is tender.
6. Let squash cool until you can pick them up and then scrape out the 'spaghetti' with a fork. If you'll be scraping it right away, wear oven mitts!
SPAGHETTI SQUASH TACO SALAD.
It's a super yummy lunch or dinner with barely any calories!