WELCOME TO MY HEALTH & FITNESS BLOG!

Half of Gabby has moved to a new kickass website!

www.halfofgabby.com

Come on over and let me know what you think of the new place!

*The site you are on right now (www.halfofgabby.blogspot.com) is no longer posting new articles and information. Half of Gabby has moved to www.halfofgabby.com and will continue to post new material regularly! In addition, all older articles have been updated on the new site.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

TURKEY-VEGGIE EGG MUFFIN RECIPE


Hi there!
Half of Gabby has moved to a new kickass website! 

Read this article, in it’s updated version, HERE.


 The page that you are on right now (www.halfofgabby.blogspot.com) is no longer posting new articles and information. Half of Gabby has moved to www.halfofgabby.com and will continue to post new material regularly! In addition, all older articles have been updated on the new site!

~~~






Okay, these suckers are amazing! Not only are they delicious but they are ridiculously convenient to have around. I make a boat-load of these every weekend so I can eat them all week long. I store them in gallon-sized ziplock bags in the fridge and I can't get enough of them! One muffin is packed with 11 grams of protein. And at 100 calories, you cannot beat it!

I don't know about you but my days are so busy. Time whizzes by and I find myself needing to eat with no time to prepare anything. There are many days I have these babies for breakfast AND lunch. I even pop a couple in my purse if I'm gonna be running errands or shopping.

Just yesterday I made a Costco run with my mom and I filled my purse with egg muffins and banana nut blueberry muffins! Costco is an hour away from us so I knew we'd be gone a while, plus there's always a possibility of stopping other places. I always have food in my purse. I don't want to ever get caught off-guard somewhere and be starving and only have unhealthy food to choose from or to tempt me.

My hubs and little girls love these muffins too. I cannot keep them in the house! Yummy and healthy. You can't go wrong with that shiz ;)




TURKEY-VEGGIE EGG MUFFIN RECIPE
           (MAKES 18 MUFFINS)




INGREDIENTS:
1 lb GROUND TURKEY
12 EGGS
1c SHREDDED MOZZARELLA CHEESE (or preferred cheese)
1/4c UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK (or preferred milk)
1 Finely Chopped RED PEPPER
1c Finely Chopped MUSHROOMS
1/2c Finely Sliced GREEN ONIONS
3 Tbs Dried PARSLEY
1 Tbs OLIVE OIL
SALT AND PEPPER (desired amount)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, cook ground turkey . Place in medium bowl, add mozzarella cheese, and set aside.



2. Heat olive oil in large skillet and add red pepper, mushrooms, and green onions. Cook for 5-6 minutes.





3. While veggies are cooking, whisk eggs, milk, and parsley in a large bowl.



4. Add ground turkey, cheese and veggies to the egg mix and stir well.



 

5. Coat your muffin cups generously with cooking spray.

6. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full (they won't rise much at all).



7. Bake 20-25 minutes or until set.




*TIP: You can substitute any veggies or cheeses that you like. You can also substitute turkey bacon pieces for the ground turkey. Experiment with several different combinations to find your favorites and to have a variety of choices. The combinations are endless.

          NUTRITION FACTS:
     Serving size - 1 Egg Muffin         


          105     CALORIES
          5.6g    FAT
          0.7g    CARBOHYDRATES
          11g     PROTEIN


***One of my favorite varieties of these egg muffins is my Mushroom Pepper Egg Muffins. They're only 73 calories each!

 You can have 5 of them for only 365 calories and 32 grams of protein! That's a hearty meal! And what a fabulous post-workout meal! You must try them! 


Click here for the: 



~~~

Want some healthy sweet treats?
Try these recipes!









Here's Some Articles Filled With Weight Loss Tips!












Motivational and Inspirational Weight Loss Articles!





























--------------------

FOLLOW HALF OF GABBY ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY MOTIVATION! 

You will receive daily goodies including: HEALTH & FITNESS TIPSWORKOUTSHEALTHY RECIPESMOTIVATING ENCOURAGEMENT, as well as FAMILY FITNESSMOMMY IDEASCRAFT IDEAS, and even FUNNY STORIES & ARTICLES for some comedic relief. You get a little bit of everything in just one click :)


To follow, simply 'Like' Half of Gabby's Facebook Page. 

---------------------


*The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content in this article is for general information purposes only. I am not a doctor, nor am I a dietitian. Talk to your physician before making any changes in your diet or exercise regimen. The information found in this article is from various sources which include, but are not limited to, the sites listed above. I encourage you to do your own research and talk with your physician before making any changes in diet or exercise. What has worked for me may not work for you. This information in this article or on this website should never replace or serve as medical advice.

NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR HAVE ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.




2 comments:

  1. Have you tried freezing them? Think they would freeze and thaw well? Thank you :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AlyssaJo, I have not yet freezed them (we always eat them up too quickly, lol) but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. I would double bag them in freezer bags and probably use them up within a few months but I can't imagine them not freezing well. If you try it, let me know how it goes! Have a great day :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.