* The page that you are on right now (www.halfofgabby.blogspot.com) is no longer posting new articles and information. Half of Gabby has moved to www.halfofgabby.com and will continue to post new material regularly! In addition, all older articles have been updated on the new site!
"Gab, that was the most delicious vegetable thing I ever ate. You need to go write down exactly what you did right now and never make it any different than that. Promise me." Those were the words that came out of my hubby's mouth right after he took his last bite of his zucchini boat.
I was floored.
Come on garden, don't fail me now.
You see, real bitches look out for one another. I got you.
"Ass-Smackin' Zucchini Boats" or "Zucchini Booty Boats"
Hmmm. I'll think on it. In the meantime, here's the recipe:
- 1-1.5 lbs GROUND TURKEY
- 3 medium ZUCCHINIS
- 1 cup diced RED ONION (in two, 1/2c portions)
- 1 cup diced BELL PEPPERS (any desired variety/combo, I used 1/2 orange and 1/2 red)
- 1-3 diced ANAHEIM PEPPERS (I used 3)
- 1/2 cup shredded PARMESAN CHEESE (or desired cheese)
- 1 TBS FENNEL SEEDS
- 1 tsp GARLIC SALT
- SALT/PEPPER to desired taste (I used Himalayan salt)
- 2 TBS OLIVE OIL
- MOZZARELLA SLICES (optional)
- SPAGHETTI SAUCE (optional)
1. Cut zucchinis in half (LENGTH-WISE) and scoop out the insides until the zucchinis have approximately 1-inch shells. Place the zucchini shells in a baking dish or roaster and set aside.