* The page that you are on right now (www.halfofgabby.blogspot.com) is no longer posting new articles and information. Half of Gabby has moved to www.halfofgabby.com and will continue to post new material regularly! In addition, all older articles have been updated on the new site!
This is the type of meal that as you're eating it, it seems like you are doing something REALLY bad. Ya... it's that good. But there's absolutely nothing to feel guilty about! It may taste naughty but it's healthy all the way!
Plain Greek yogurt tastes EXACTLY like sour cream. I don't mean that fat-free, poison-tasting sour cream, I mean the full-fat yummy sour cream!
- 2 small spaghetti squash (or 1 large)
- 1-2 lbs ground turkey
- Shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced onions (if desired)
- Shredded lettuce
- Taco seasoning (I use Ortega 40% less-sodium taco mix)
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Taco sauce or salsa (if desired)
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper (if desired)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop the tip of the squash off and then cut the squash in half length-wise.
3. Scoop out and discard seeds.
4. Rub a little bit of olive oil over the squash and sprinkle them with salt and pepper (if desired).
5. Place the squash cut-down on a baking sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes or until the flesh is tender.
6. Let squash cool until you can pick them up and then scrape out the 'spaghetti' with a fork. Set aside until you are ready to put together your salad.
1. Brown ground turkey in a skillet and add desired taco seasoning.
2. While turkey is cooking, dice tomatoes, chop onions, and shred your lettuce.
3. After all of the ingredients are ready, scoop 1 cup of cooked spaghetti squash, 1/2 cup of seasoned ground turkey, 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, and then your additional desired ingredients and amounts into a bowl or plate.
4. CHOW DOWN.
- 1c spaghetti squash
- 1/2c seasoned ground turkey
- 1/4c shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2c diced tomatoes
- 2c shredded lettuce
- 1/8c diced onions
- 1/4c plain Greek yogurt
- 4 TBS taco sauce