* The page that you are on right now (www.halfofgabby.blogspot.com) is no longer posting new articles and information. Half of Gabby has moved to www.halfofgabby.com and will continue to post new material regularly! In addition, all older articles have been updated on the new site!
- 2 1/2 c OATS - Old Fashioned kind, NOT instant/quick cooking (Pulverized in blender or food processor)
- 1 tsp BAKING POWDER
- 1 tsp BAKING SODA
- 1/2 cup BAKING STEVIA
- 1 tsp PURE VANILLA EXTRACT (You can substitute Banana Extract if you'd prefer a stronger banana flavor)
- 1 cup PLAIN GREEK YOGURT
- 2 EGGS
- 2 VERY RIPE BANANAS (Mashed)
- 1 cup FRESH BLUEBERRIES (Washed and patted dry)
- 1/2 cup WALNUT HALVES (Optional)
- 2 TBS GROUND FLAX SEEDS (Optional)
- 2 TBS CHIA SEEDS (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place oats in blender or food processor and pulverize/chop until oats are the consistency of flour (it will be a little more course than reg flour but pretty close).
3. Place pulverized oats in large bowl and add all dry ingredients (baking stevia, baking powder, and baking soda). Set aside.
4. In medium bowl, beat eggs. Then add greek yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract. Mix well by hand.
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until completely combined.
6. Fold in blueberries, flax seeds, and chia seeds.
7. Line 12 muffin tins with foil liners OR you can use a silicon muffin pan that is lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
8. Fill the muffin tins to almost the top of the liners (the muffins won't rise much). *But you could place muffin tins on a cookie baking sheet just to be safe.
9. After filling all the muffin tins, place 2-4 walnut halves/pieces on top of each muffin. Push nuts into batter just enough to get them firmly set, don't bury them.
10. BAKE FOR 20-25 MINUTES. Or until a toothpick comes out clean and tops of muffins are a light golden brown.
SERVING SIZE - 1 MUFFIN