WELCOME TO MY HEALTH & FITNESS BLOG!

Half of Gabby has moved to a new kickass website!

www.halfofgabby.com

Come on over and let me know what you think of the new place!

*The site you are on right now (www.halfofgabby.blogspot.com) is no longer posting new articles and information. Half of Gabby has moved to www.halfofgabby.com and will continue to post new material regularly! In addition, all older articles have been updated on the new site.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

BLUEBERRY MUFFIN RECIPE: No Sugar, No Oil, No Flour!

Hi there!
Half of Gabby has moved to a new kickass website! 

Read this article, in it’s updated version, HERE.
 The page that you are on right now (www.halfofgabby.blogspot.com) is no longer posting new articles and information. Half of Gabby has moved to www.halfofgabby.com and will continue to post new material regularly! In addition, all older articles have been updated on the new site!


~~~







   YOU WON'T BELIEVE THEY'RE HEALTHY!!



So here's my deal. If I don't get to eat the bad 'carby' stuff every once in a while, I get mean. I'm not talking your regular run-of-the-mill mean... I'm talking 'hungry mean'. And there's nothing meaner than hungry mean! 

But here's the problem. White foods are a no-no for me and I don't eat them. So that automatically cuts out anything with sugar or flour in it. Ya, I know, what a bummer. In order to save my family from my recurrent food wrath, I had to figure something out.

 So I decided if I can't eat the bad carbs, I gotta find a way to make the good carbs taste downright naughty ;)

Last year I found a muffin recipe that didn't have flour, oil, or sugar but I didn't like it. But the bones of the recipe seemed workable so I tweaked it. It was still a no-go but getting better. Well needless to say, I tweaked and changed that recipe so many damn times, it just became my own recipe ... and I think it's fabulous! 

These suckers go like crazy in my house. Even the kiddos can't get enough. And at just over 100 calories each, I can have two (or even three!) in the morning with my coffee for breakfast. 

Omg so yummy! I get my carby fix with no guilt and you would never know by tasting them that they're so healthy! Since my family and I have been loving these things up for so long, I thought maybe someone else would like to try them.


BLUEBERRY MUFFIN RECIPE
(MAKES 12 MUFFINS)

                        

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 1/2 c OATS - Old Fashioned kind, NOT instant/quick cooking (Pulverized in blender or food processor)
  • 1 tsp BAKING POWDER
  • 1 tsp BAKING SODA
  • 1/2 cup BAKING STEVIA
  • 1 tsp PURE VANILLA EXTRACT (You can substitute Banana Extract if you'd prefer a stronger banana flavor)
  • 1 cup PLAIN GREEK YOGURT
  • 2 EGGS
  • 2 VERY RIPE BANANAS (Mashed)
  • 1 cup FRESH BLUEBERRIES (Washed and patted dry)
  • 1/2 cup WALNUT HALVES (Optional)
  • 2 TBS GROUND FLAX SEEDS (Optional)
  • 2 TBS CHIA SEEDS (Optional)
*The flax seeds and chia seeds not only add a ton of extra nutrition to the muffins, but also add a wonderful texture.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Place oats in blender or food processor and pulverize/chop until oats are the consistency of flour (it will be a little more course than reg flour but pretty close).

3.  Place pulverized oats in large bowl and add all dry ingredients (baking stevia, baking powder, and baking soda). Set aside.

4. In medium bowl, beat eggs. Then add greek yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract. Mix well by hand.

5.  Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until completely combined.

6. Fold in blueberries, flax seeds, and chia seeds.


7.  Line 12 muffin tins with foil liners OR you can use a silicon muffin pan that is lightly sprayed with cooking spray. 


**PLEASE NOTE: Muffins will stick to paper liners (because the muffins are flourless). When using foil liners, REMOVE the paper inserts. You'll still have a tiny bit of trouble even with the foil but it's totally doable. The silicone pans, on the other hand, work like magic.

8. Fill the muffin tins to almost the top of the liners (the muffins won't rise much). *But you could place muffin tins on a cookie baking sheet just to be safe.



9. After filling all the muffin tins, place 2-4 walnut halves/pieces on top of each muffin. Push nuts into batter just enough to get them firmly set, don't bury them.


10. BAKE FOR 20-25 MINUTES. Or until a toothpick comes out clean and tops of muffins are a light golden brown.



 ENJOY!


NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:

    SERVING SIZE - 1 MUFFIN

            116   CALORIES
              2g   FAT
            29g   CARBS
              5g   SUGAR
             4g    FIBER
             6g    PROTEIN


Want some more healthy sweet treats?
Try these recipes!








Here's Some Articles Filled With Weight Loss Tips!












Motivational and Inspirational Weight Loss Articles!




























--------------------

FOLLOW HALF OF GABBY ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY MOTIVATION! 

You will receive daily goodies including: HEALTH & FITNESS TIPSWORKOUTSHEALTHY RECIPESMOTIVATING ENCOURAGEMENT, as well as FAMILY FITNESSMOMMY IDEASCRAFT IDEAS, and even FUNNY STORIES & ARTICLES for some comedic relief. You get a little bit of everything in just one click :)


To follow, simply 'Like' Half of Gabby's Facebook Page. 

---------------------


*The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content in this article is for general information purposes only. I am not a doctor, nor am I a dietitian. Talk to your physician before making any changes in your diet or exercise regimen. The information found in this article is from various sources which include, but are not limited to, the sites listed above. I encourage you to do your own research and talk with your physician before making any changes in diet or exercise. What has worked for me may not work for you. This information in this article or on this website should never replace or serve as medical advice.

NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR HAVE ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.