* The page that you are on right now (www.halfofgabby.blogspot.com) is no longer posting new articles and information. Half of Gabby has moved to www.halfofgabby.com and will continue to post new material regularly! In addition, all older articles have been updated on the new site!
I immediately went into mommy mode and reminded him of the rule in our house. You must give it a try before you refuse to eat it. Both of my girls started encouraging him to try it and proceeded to tell him how good it was and that they both had two helpings. That helped my case, especially since he is well aware of how they gripe every time we have chili for dinner.
In our house, we all quote Chris Farley from his infamous SNL skit where he was a woman on a diet. So anytime any of us are really hungry and finally get to eat or we're eating something that's really yummy, we always say "Lay off me." It's our inside joke.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 - 28 oz can tomato puree or tomato sauce
- 1 - 15 oz can dark kidney beans
- 1 - 15 oz can black beans
- 1 - 15 oz can of pure pumpkin
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- S/P to desired taste